onsdag 16 januari 2013

Upon his drinking a bowl

Nu har jag en hemtenta att börja på, så därför läser jag dikter helt irrelevanta för ändamålet.
Som John Wilmot of Rochester, denne galne libertin. Jag gillar libertiner.

Här är en av hans dikter, Upon his drinking a bowl:

Vulcan, contrive me such a cup
As Nestor used of old;
Show all thy skill to trim it up,
Damask it round with gold.

Make it so large that, filled with sack
Up to the swelling brim,
Vast toasts on the delicious lake
Like ships at sea may swim.

Engrave not battle on its cheek:
With war I've nought to do;
I'm none of those that took Maastricht,
Nor Yarmouth leaguer knew.

Let it no name of planets tell,
Fixed stars, or constellations;
For I am no Sir Sidrophel,
Nor none of his relations.

But carve theron a spreading vine,
Then add two lovely boys;
Their limbs in amorous folds intwine,
The type of future joys.

Cupid and Bacchus my saints are,
May drink and love still reign,
With wine I wash away my cares,
And then to cunt again. 


Den gode herrn

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar